Saturday, March 3, 2007

Shuixian from Generation tea

Lately I've been trying several different teas Salsero gave me (other tasting notes are on the forum). This time I'm trying the shuixian.

I used 3/4 leaves (9g) in a 100ml gaiwan and after a rinse, I brewed it for 5s, 5s, 10s, 20s, 60s, 120s.

The last few teas I've tried were very unusual teas, and this one actually smelled like a normal shuixian. Normal is good.

1: Smells a little grainy. It has a nice roasted flavor, with some grainy and nutty flavors. It left a sweet floral aftertaste, but didn't last long.

2: The graininess came out more. It actually seemed like there was a hint of floralness in the initial taste before the floral aftertaste came out.

3: Still grainy, but now with a bit of a woody taste. Again, it left a floral aftertaste.

4: initially, it didn't seem like their was any graininess, but it took a few seconds for it come out. I didn't notice any kind of floral aftertaste with this one. Maybe it was underbrewed.

5: Again, mostly a grainy taste. Again no aftertaste. I don't think it's underbrewed as I brewed it longer than I normally would, and it has a slightly more noticeable bitterness.

6: Flavor lightened up a lot. Again, mostly just graininess, and no aftertaste.

There isn't much more to say about this tea. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't great. I just wonder why the aftertaste disapeared in the last 3 infusions.

3 comments:

Salsero said...

Andy,

Is there a way that you can include a link to your old journal? Seems appropriate, unless you want to deep six it.

Warden said...

I tried to include a link in the first post, but there was a problem with the html. I'll try to fix it.

Bill said...

Good Luck on your new blog. I am sure it will be an informative one.